Links to more info on Kim's web site:
* Keynotes, Workshops & Demos
* Client List & Testimonials
* FAQs about Kim
* Books & Music CDs
Check out these unique gift books dads can give to their daughters and sons on a special occasion.
3665 Woody Lane
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Subscribe to my free,
quarterly e-newz --
E-mail Me and write
"subscribe" in the
subject line; you can
"un-subscribe" any time.
July is National
"Make a Difference to Children" Month
I've been proud to sponsor this annual initiative since 2006;
Click here for info.
All Rights Reserved
by Kim Ratz.
For leaders and meeting planners
who need an engaging presenter to
enlighten & motivate your team at
your next Conference or In-service.
Since 1994 I've operated my own business as a professional speaker, trainer, troubadour and author.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Community education coordinator and director since 1974 with varying levels of responsibilities, including:
- Director, Community Education, Brooklyn Center Sch. Dist., MN., 1993-94
- Coord, Community Partnerships & Facilities, Hopkins ISD 270, MN, 1990-93
- Executive Dir., Adult Learning Programs of AK, Fairbanks, 1989-90
- Dir. of Community Affairs, Fairbanks Public Schools, AK, 1985-89
- Community Education Supervisor, Alaska Dept of Education, 1978-85
- Adjunct Professor, Univ of Alaska-Juneau, 1980-85
- Community School Coord., Eugene 4J Sch. Dist., OR, 1977-78
- Community School Coord., Juneau Sch.Dist., AK, 1975-77
- Adult Swim Instructor, Ridgedale YMCA, 2001-2019
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Univ. of Oregon, 1977-78
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Juneau Parks & Recreation, 1975-77
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Dallas (OR) Parks & Rec., 1974
- Camp Counselor/Lifeguard, Presbyterian Camps, Saugatuck, MI, 1972-73
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Willamalane Parks & Rec. District. Eugene, 1972-73
- Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Minneapolis (MN) Parks & Recreation, 1970-71
- Volunteer Recruiter at YMCA Camp Christmas Tree, 2012-present
- Neighborhood Block Captain, 2003-present
- Member, Community Bd. of Directors, Ridgedale YMCA, '03-'09
- Member, Bd. of Directors, MN Chapter National Speakers Assoc, '02-'04
- Superintendent's Communication Committee, Hopkins School Dist, '98-01
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Business-Education Partnership, '97-99
- Emergency Foster Home provider, Teens Alone, Hopkins, '93 - 97
- Committee Chair, Minnesota Community Education Assoc, '90-96
- Bd Member or Officer, Alaska Assoc for Community Education, '76-90;
- President, AK School Public Relations Assoc., '85-87
- Member; Juneau Board of Education, '82 - 85
- President, Juneau PTA, '81 - 82
- Advisor, Alaska PTA, '81-85.
- Stingray Swim Team Parent Group Chair, 1986-90
- Attending other workshops & presentatiions at conferences I'm working with.
- Continuing education through professional development seminars offered by MN-Chapter National Speakers Association (NSA), and annual conferences of the N.S.A.
- M.S., 1978, Public Administration, University of Oregon, Eugene.
- B.S., 1976, Community Services & Public Affairs, Univ. of OR.
- "Outstanding Contributions to Community Education," from the Alaska Association for Community Education (AACE), '89
- "Outstanding Urban Community Educator," AACE, '89
- "Lifetime Membership Award," AACE, '81 & 89
- "Outstanding Young Man of America" from the United States Jaycees, '81
- "Outstanding Organization Support for Community Ed - Alaska Dept. of Ed", from the Nat'l. Community Ed. Assoc., '81; & AACE,'80
- "Charles Stewart Mott Foundation Graduate Fellowship" (Univ. of OR), '77-78
Kim Ratz, Speaker-Trainer-Troubadour-Author
Successfully sharing stories, songs and skills since 1994.