Resume for Kim Ratz - "the Speaker who Sings"
Kim helps people find ways to create more "harmony in their own life, and in relationships with others. He does this by working with organizations that want to inspire their people and meeting planners who want an exciting opener or closer for their next event. He's well known as "the Speaker who Sings."
I've operated my own business, since 1994, as a professional speaker, trainer, singer-songwriter, and now author too.
Community education coordinator and director since 1974 with varying levels of responsibilities, including:
- Dir. of Community Education, Brooklyn Center Sch. Dist., MN.
- Coord. of Community Partnerships & Facilities, Hopkins Sch. Dist., MN.
- Executive Dir., Adult Learning Programs of AK, Fairbanks
- Dir. of Community Affairs, Fairbanks Public Schools, AK
- Community Education Supervisor, Alaska Dept of Education
- Adjunct Professor, Univ of Alaska-Juneau
- Community School Coord., Eugene 4J Sch. Dist., OR
- Community School Coord., Juneau Sch.Dist., AK
- Member, Community Bd. of Directors, Ridgedale YMCA, '03-'09
- Member, Bd. of Directors, National Speakers Assoc - MN., '02-'04
- Superintendent's Communication Committee, Hopkins School Dist, '98-01
- TwinWest Chamber of Commerce Business-Education Partnership, '97-99
- Emergency Foster Home provider, Teens Alone, Hopkins, '93 - 97
- Committee Chair, Minnesota Community Education Assoc, '90-96
- Bd Member or Officer, Alaska Assoc for Community Education, '76-90;
- President, AK School Public Relations Assoc., '85-87
- Member; Juneau Board of Education, '82 - 85
- President, Juneau PTA, '81 - 82
- Advisor, Alaska PTA, '81-85.
- Continuing education through active participation in monthly professional development seminars offered by Minnesota and National Speakers Association.
- Master of Science, Sept., '78, Community Education and Public Administration, University of Oregon, Eugene.
- Bachelor of Science, March, '76, Community Services and Public Affairs, University of Oregon, Eugene.
- "Outstanding Contributions to Community Education," from the Alaska Association for Community Education (AACE), '89
- "Outstanding Urban Community Educator," AACE, '89
- "Lifetime Membership Award," AACE, '81 & 89
- "Outstanding Young Man of America" from the United States Jaycees, '81
- "Outstanding Organization Support for Community Ed - Alaska Dept. of Ed", from the Nat'l. Community Ed. Assoc., '81; & AACE,'80
- "Charles Stewart Mott Foundation Fellowship", the Univ. of OR, '77
- National Speakers Association
- Alaska Association for Community Education (Lifetime Membership Award)
- National Community Education Association